Landfill Hours of Operation
LANDFILL PIT CLOSES 1/2 HOUR BEFORE CLOSE TO ALLOW FOR COMPACTING/COVER TIME
|Tuesday through Friday
||8 am - 4 pm
||8 am - 12 pm
|Sunday and Monday
|* Call Landfill 783-2726 for holiday closures
Basic rate: $10.00 per cubic yard
Rates are doubled for out-of-county residents
- All loose trash must be bagged
- $2.00 per bag up to 3 bags - 33 gal. limit per bag
- $4.00 small tires / $10.00 & up for large tires
- $35.00 Refrigerators - Proof showing refrigerant removed by qualified HVAC personnel
- $10.00 Washers, dryers, stoves, heaters, water tanks, etc.
- $2.00 Batteries
Rechargeable batteries and cellphones may be recycled at Westcliffe Town Hall or Valley Ace Hardware
- $10.00 per cubic yard for slash, no stumps (call 783-2726 before hauling to be sure space is available)
- No electronics (TVs, computers, monitors, tablets, E-Readers, video game consoles, stereos, radios, printers, fax machines, etc.)
Electronics may be recycled at Oak Disposal
- No liquids or hazardous materials (Oil, fuels, paint, antifreeze, thinners, etc.)
- Separate metals
- Extra charge for uncontained loads
Landfill will close with sustaining winds over 35 mph or gusts over 50 mph and expected to persist for one hour or longer
Brush and Stumps
Custer County Landfill will no longer accept tree stumps.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment will not allow the landfill
to have brush piles larger than 15 x 15 x 15. Please call the landfill first if you have brush to haul to ensure we have the space for it.
The landfill will burn brush
when conditions are acceptable.
Brush will be charged at $10 per cubic yard.
Recycling bins (accessible 24 hours a day) are located across the street from the Wet Mountain Fire Department building at 215 North 4th Street and behind the Silver Dome near the intersection of Wood Street and Broadway Street. Additional recycling bins are located at the landfill. The landfill bins are only accessible during normal landfill hours.
Click here to visit the Published Minutes page to view High Country Recycling Board minutes