The Recording Department is responsible for the recording of real estate information, military discharges, and any other information where there is a need for a public record.
Records and Recording of Documents: Information and Fees
By law, the Clerk is not allowed to do searches. (C.R.S. 30-10-101)(2.5)(C)
There is no charge to search records on file in this office. Searches may be done during our regular office hours.
Standard page (legal or letter) photocopy of records that are maintained in the public records computer software system is .25 per page.
Public records that are not on the computer system are $1.25 per copy. (Per Resolution 2008-2, adopted by the BOCC on January 31,2008).
Oversized documents (not letter or legal size), such as maps, plats, and other similar documents: $5.00 per page.
- Standard Documents (8 ½" X 11" or 8 ½" X 14"): $13.00 for the first page plus $5.00 for each additional page. A page is considered to be one side of a document only.
- Oversized Documents (larger than 8 ½" X 14"): $13.00 for the first page plus $10.00 for each additional page. A page is considered to be one side of a document only.
- Federal Tax Liens and any documents related to Federal Tax Liens: $8.00 regardless of number of pages.
- State Tax Liens and Release of Tax Liens (only if submitted by the State): No charge for recording.
- Mining Claims: $8.00 for the first page plus $5.00 for each additional page. Any document containing the name of a claim requires an additional .25 per claim name mentioned.
- UCC: $13.00 for one to two pages. $16.00 for three or more pages.
- Deposited Survey Plats: $20.00 per page.
- Plat Maps: $10.00 per page.
- DD214: There are no fees for recording DD214's. Certified copies requested for military benefits are free of charge.
State Documentary Fee
A documentary fee is due along with recording fees when property is transferred from seller to buyer. If the purchase price is $500.00 or more documentary fee is due. If the purchase price is less than $500.00 no documentary fee is due. Documentary fee is calculated at .10 for every one thousand dollars of the purchase price.